From:
Daniel Poryanda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 00:36:12 EDT
Hi all you weezil luvers,
I wrote about the dangers of duct tape 5 or 6 mos. ago.

In my post I told the story of how I let a small piece of tape get away
from me and it got stuck to the foot of my dear baby Shpanky.  Let me tell
you, duct tape is the strongest thing next to nails for holding things
together and with his struggling he became more entangled.  Had I not been
right there to save him he could have gotten the stuff over his face and I
shudder to think of the consequences.  The only way to remove duct tape,
painlessly, from a frightened ferret is to massage liquid dish soap into
the adhesive so it loosens its' hold.  That's how I did it.

We all know how stubborn our little ones are and if they want to rip off
that duct tape covering a hidey hole they darn well will.  I just don't
want to read of any tragedies because of this dangerous stuff.  Please
consider other methods of covering holes, glue a piece of wood over the
hole or staple some heavy screening over it.  With a little thought there
are alternatives to duct tape.

Hugsandkissestothefuzzies
Daniel Poryanda