From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 20:35:45 -0700
>From:    Pam VanOverloop <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Chicago Show
>The first copy of Modern Ferret magazine I ever bought was #6, and in it
>was an article by Mr. Killian on "Showing Your Ferret".

I had someone mention that article while I was busy judging...  Glad you
liked it.

>My daughter and I (in corny matching outfits) spent the day meeting very
>friendly ferret lovers

Okay we think we saw you two... Blue checkered jumpers?  Diane was helping
Ellen Byrne and talked to you a bit about the outfits if so...

Congrats on the ribbons.  I couldn't tell you who all I gave ribbons to.  I
knew a few of the faces.  Nice ferrets.

>It also shows that you can have a chance at a show, even with "just" a
>petstore ferret.

Shelter ferrets and petstore ferrets do very well.  We think its was a
rescue that won Best in Show.  (The GCFA BIS is literally the single best
not best in class so it is a BIG deal...) "Pet" ferrets won the best
trophies from both bill and Ellen.

See you next year?  Thinking about coming East?  AFA show in Frederick
Maryland in December  <grin>

>From:    Shelley Straight <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: selling of ferrets for fur
>I don't mean this to be a continuation of the MF debate.  I also don't want
>to say anything horrible about MF without any proof.  But does anyone know
>of any proof that MF or any other company does sell ferrets for fur.

Fitch fur is ferret fur.  It is definitely raised in Europe but I have never
heard mention that Marshall Farms is involved in the fitch business.

>From:    Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Marshall's... again.

Well said.  This topic in general gets no where.  No new informatioo has
surfaced in years.  No agreement about the validity of any data has ever
been made.  Lots of posturing.  Its easy to look good attacking MF.  They
are a great straw man to knock down.  We'll try to completely stay out of it
after this.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/