From:
Kit West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 14:45:38 -0500
We use Ferret Glow shampoo (a Four Paws product). A little goes a long way.

At first, we used Johnsons & Johnsons Baby Shampoo, but it didn't work very
well. Their coats dried out, and were somewhat tacky to the touch. My SO has
asthma, so our two get bathed every 10-14 days. There's no problem with the
Ferret Glow (it comes in two different sizes): it's formulated for ferts.
I've worked in the animal industry in several capacities and I've never been
disappointed by any Four Paws products.

Amber and Bear get towelled dry - at least part way. Then we let the finish
the job by putting additional towels down in the bathroom on the floor and
watch the "sliding slugs show."

We've never tried blow-drying them. The towels have been good enough.

Amber is an old hand at baths. Bear, on the other paw, wasn't sure. In fact,
his first bath was a real challenge. Surely you've heard of a greased pig
contest. This was WORSE. The second bath was better for both of us, and the
one he got this past Saturday was too good to be true. He stayed still and
let me wash him thoroughly. Amber, however, had a bit of an attitude and was
not a happy camper. (She nipped my SO twice at the vet's the following day
and she's not known for nipping -- just gentle love tastes.)