From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 13:10:03 -0700
Hi,

I'm really sorry to bring this up again, but I'm still frustrated and
confused, despite all your helpful answers.  It's about ferrets with
unclear vaccination histories.  I've been asking what to do - one shot or
a series - for ferrets that may not have had the original series of shots,
but have had annual vaccinations, one, two or three years' worth of a
single vaccination.  The answer I keep getting is unclear:  If your
ferret has never had a vaccination or you don't have ANY knowlege of the
vac. history, get them the series.

But what if you know the history?  I have two ferrets, each about two years
old, who got one distemper shot at about one-years-old and one this month.
I didn't know about the required series when I got them, so didn't ask the
previous owner if they'd had them.  I could go ahead and get them the
booster in a couple weeks, but would prefer to use the money elsewhere if
they don't need it.  My two little youngsters and a two-year-old I know
nothing about will get the boosters for sure.  My two guys from the
university research program I hope to get histories for, or I'll get the
boosters.

Nobody had a reaction to the first series - Yay!!!  They'll all get the
rabies in a month or so, depending on who gets the booster.  I'm do glad
you're all here!!

Aren't ferrets grand???!!!!!

Lynn Mc.