From:
Lee Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:19:22 -0400
I have to agree with everyone who told this young lady to keep the ferret
and dump the guy.  The man should accept the ladies way of life and respect
her love for animals and her pet.  What happens if this guy decides she can
never have another pet again because HE doesn't like the way it smells.
Would he do the same for a dog?cat?Guinea pig?  or others who have their
own distinctive odors???????  Perhaps this guy may not like the smell of
diapers either,what then???  Get rid of the child????  This is the sign of
a person whio likes to dictate the way that somebody wants to live their
life and it's time to run away from it before it becomes too late for her.
I would never,never,never give up my babies because some guy doesn't like
the way they smell and further more I have a man who would never ask me to
do so!!!!!

Dump the guy!!!!

[Moderator's note: Kris responded yesterday with additional information
about the situation.  Whatever our beliefs on the issue, it's time to take
it off-list.  The ferret has a new home and Kris has a husband.  And let's
say they all lived happily ever after and end the thread please!  BIG]