Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 13:06:13 -0500
MC said:

>I think people are paranoid about chocolate.  My dogs eat chocolate with
>no adverse effects.  Mind you, I don't give them 20 pounds of the stuff...
>I just flick them an M&M or two.

Ok put me in the flame club too.  My gang once got their paws on a whole
bag of Hersheys kisses and ate em.  No biggie.

My crew all have different tastes in what they like so lumped together
treats are beef jerky, Honey Nut Cheerios, popcorn, raisons, waffles (with
syrup).

After we eat dinner the gang gets a plate of leftovers to pick and choose
from.

They get bites of chocolate when we have chocolate in the house and they
get to lick the ice cream bowls.

One of mine particularilly likes Coffee Crisp bars and I had another foster
ferret who would climb all over you for Salt and Vinegar Chips.

I just keep the treats in moderation.
Cindy

[Moderator's note: Long-time subscribers know I frequently express my
"chocolate isn't arsenic" opinon on this list.  And since I've been so
quiet about it lately, I guess I have to speak up.  Personally, I feel
ferrets seem to handle small quantites well -- I even give mine a chip
or two now and then -- but let's remember: moderation is a key here!  BIG]