From:
Kelly Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 20:02:33 EDT
Hello everyone:

I haven't posted in quite a while but I have a funny story/saga I just had
to share.

We adopted 2 new ferrets in February and our house has been very busy.
All four have been keeping us on our toes.  We love the new guys, two
males, very much and they have settled in nicely into our home routine.
Everyone now gets along fabulously and the tension has gone and everyone
sleeps in one huge fuzzy heap.

One of the new guys, his name is Tank, came from a neglectful home where
he didn't get much human interaction.  He had been living in a cage in a
garage for some time.  He is finally coming around and we have been having
so much fun.  He has the cutest little face and he just loves the cat.
Anyhow, he has a small obsession.  It started with a few socks, here and
there, mostly dirty ones in balls.  You know, the ones you just peal right
off your foot in a big sock wad, yep, those were his favorites.  It was
very funny to watch him roll them down the hallway and place them in the
cage.  Well, I started to notice that he was getting quite a collection of
round rock wads in his cage.  Most were kept under his blanket, and each
night when I put them all to bed he would check on them and rearrange them
if necessary.  Well, last week I was folding laundry and here he comes,
snags a sock right out of my clean pile and runs down the hall way, sock
in tow.  I though it was the cutest thing.  Then I watch as he searched
all areas of the house looking for socks.  No matter where they might be
he would find them.  The final straw was on Sunday, I had an entire basket
of clean socks in the bedroom.  I set them there while I was at my soccer
game, a few hours later I return to find an empty basket.  That little
terror must have spent the entire 3 hours I was gone stealing socks out of
my basket.  I was astonished.  A little miffed, I looked under the bed to
find all my socks piled everywhere under there.  The other ferrets were
just staring back at me like, hay, Mom we didn't have anything to do with
it!  (They even looked a little confused, being surrounded by all those
socks!) Knowing it was my fault to leave the unprotected socks within
reach of Tank, Master of the socks, I could only laugh.

I will say, he was incredibly proud of himself!  So nice to see how far he
has come.

All for now, off to collect socks.....

Kelly,
Squeak, Raider, Sammy & Tank the Sock Lord.