From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 07:24:24 -0800
Hi Lisette,
Just read your post about cleanliness and can reaffirm your suspicions.
Especially Ferrets Inc., our shelter, sponsored the Halloween Party at
Animal Crackers in Littleton Co.  recently and we not only used fresh
gloves after each ferret, but a quaternary disinfectant on the table after
each contestant was judged.  We had 5 judges, instead of 6 and towards the
end of the judging, I caught guess who not changing his gloves after each
ferret was handled...the vet.

Al the other judges were really great( Thanks again to Stephanie Scheme of
Ferrets Etc.  and Christy) for your help.  so even when you plan to take
precautions, there is always the chance of a mistake.  It only takes one
mistake to contaminate many ferrets.  We also were frequently announcing to
contestants to not let their ferrets mingle with ferrets they didn't know.
so far, we have heard nothing of anyone getting anything at the Party.  It
was televised, or at least part of it was and I heard that we were even
seen in Pa.  Thank for all you eagle eyes who got to see it.

Hugs to all, Ferretguy