From:
Mildred Walls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 02:57:55 -0500
This is condoning collecting.  This Zoo is not a shelter, she is not
deserving of any tax breaks.

These are personal ferrets that she owns.  She refuses to adopt out.  Yet
she asks for donations?  I have 8 ferrets of my own.  Anyone want to
donate for their care and expenses?  Of course not !!

This woman is a collector and should try to get help for her obsession.
These ferrets will suffer in the long run.  Can we say Jen Morrison?

There are many legitimate shelters that receive no tax breaks whatsoever.
They put their heart and soul into finding good forever homes for the
ferrets that need them.  And each time that one is adopted it takes a
little piece of that shelter person's heart with them.

The article states that according to Zoo nobody but Zoo can care for or
love these ferrets as well as she can, therefore she doesn't adopt them
out.  That is sheer bunk !!!  This is a collector in the making.  How can
anyone support this woman?  It's a disaster waiting to happen.  And when
the bottom falls out who will be the ones to pick up the pieces?  The
real shelters, the so-called "detractors".

And these shelters will once again give their own money, sweat, hearts
and souls to save the hapless ferrets that now are truly in need of
forever homes.  I think the buck should stop here, not at Zoo's
Sanctuary.

Millie