From:
Marta -Cricket <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 09:26:35 PDT
Once again, I've found mention of the cute little critters....In the book,
they are called Pole Cats, but I'm sure you all know how remarkably similar
the look to our little fuzzies.  THe book is called "Gnomes" and is writtem
by Wil Huygen and Illustrated by Rien Poortnliet.  The original publication
was in the Netherlands.  There are several referances to Polecats in the
book, and shows then squeezing themselves into the Gnomes house.  We have
all seen our babies squeezing themselves into tiny openings :)....There is
also the most adorable painting of one on a page explaining why Gnomes are
frightened of them.  "Gnomes have a difficult time accepting polecats
because they know that they paralize living frogs and save them for later
eating.  The gnome is told about this as a child, and all through his life
he has anxiety that the same fate will await him!"...Such a funny quote when
the adorable picture is there on the same page.

Anyhow, it's a great book and well worth the time to check it out.  Marta
and the crew...Angelina, Sasha, Nikoali and Chico