From:
Tina McFeaters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 21:36:59 EDT
Hi everyone.  It has been ages since I posted and am coming to everyone
now for information on blindness.

My little girl Lucille went blind.  Simple as that.  All was fine, and
when I went to let her out of her play room that she plays in every day,
she was bumping into walls and furniture.  She startles when I go to pick
her up and she is very upset over this.  She seems healthy otherwise,
unless there are symptoms that have just not shown up yet.

She is a silvermitt roan, and five years old.

When I hold her she is very uneasy and you can tell she is just so
confused over what is happening to her.  She calms instantly when I put
another ferret in my hands beside her.

I don't ever remember seeing a posting on a ferret just suddenly going
blind like this.  Her eyes appear healthy in all aspects.  No discharge,
no discoloration, no nothing.  Just the normal.

Thank you in advance group, for any information you can share with me on
this situation.

Sincerely,
Worried to death Mom and Dad,
Tina and Bill