From:
Cynthia Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 20:38:40 -0500
Greetings again.  I posted a few days ago regarding the two little ferrets
I recused from a college kids closet.  They are adjusting well and the one,
Thistle, has stoped biting!!!  Just when I thought things would go
smoothly... I was letting them play...one of my other ferrets went from
being nice and friendly to letting her know who was boss...I didn't figure
much about it until I was overcome with one heck of an odor.  Both of the
little ones had gotten brush tails and I think they both let out a scent.
This scent is NOTHING like my other five who are descented.  This leads me
to believe they were not decented.  Since then I don't notice the scent on
the ferrets but when I picked Thistle up and smelled the anal area I could
still smell traces.  I have since cut of the socialization process b/t the
seven..for fear of my landloard killing me.  I know I have read lots of
controversial info on descenting and I am mixed on wha to do.  The other
issue is money (no flames please)..I called around and was quoted $175, 108
and 66.  I had no plan to rescue these little ones in the first place so
this sudden finicial issue is unplanned.  I would like peoples feedback on
descenting and how I might be able to socialize b/t now and two weeks from
now when I have the surgery scheduled.  Would spraying them with apple
bitter so the others don't bite them be an option.  I hate to keep them by
themselves.  Any thought or feedback would be appreciated.

Cynthia and the furry heard

Malan   "Hey mom...whats that smell?"
Jaz     "I am in charge here"
Einney  "Finally...someone smaller than me"
Lynk     " Yikes there are two of them"
Thistle  "I like our new home...but I don't understand why that lady keeps
          smelling our butts"
Ivy     "I want to PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Kuma "Woof..this house is being overtaken by furry balls...