From:
Brenda Zupko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:56:25 EST
Hello all :o)

Sincere condolences and heart felt sympathies to all who have lost
their precious furkids.  And TONS of well wishes to a speedy recovery
to the ill.

Well I just sent out the last batch of emails to sites that I need
permission from to publish their link for the Ferret Stone Web Affiliated
program.  They have one week to respond.

I will be compiling the complete list for publication next Wednesday the
29th for all to use.

If you have not yet contacted me, and wish to participate, please email
me no later then Tuesday the 28th.  If you have emailed me your
information and did not receive a confirmation back that I received it,
please send it again.

If you are one of the sites that I contacted, please follow the
instructions in the email you were sent.

Also, in my surfing, I came across another Web Affiliated program that
includes the FerretStore.com and many other on line stores.  It is called
"igive" I will also be including this sites on the list.  So if you are a
Member of igive, you can also send me your web link to be published.

The igive program requires a purchaser to sign-up (a one time, deal
no cost) and it includes a TON of stores with just about a little of
everything.  So for all you on line shoppers... that would include me...
I despise actually shopping (yes, I am female hehehe) you can help
through a lot of your shopping, not just your ferret shopping.

Response has been a little lighter then I would have hoped it would be.
But still, is it better then nothing :-)  And it is a simple way to
provide information to people so they can help.

Switch of topic... looking for an opinion please.  I was debating on
publishing this on the FHL, looking for a vets take on this, but it is
not health related.  So I am asking here, I figured that non-vets and
vet guru's opinions would be just as helpfull

I read Mike's post a few days ago regarding Dr. Kemmerer's ferret medical
video.  I was thinking about getting one and giving it to my vets office.
There are 2 wonderful vets and a staff of mostly ferret loving vet techs
that work there.  Over all, a super place with wonderful people that I
feel I have a pretty good rapport with... at least I hope so, and I would
like to keep it this way.

Mike had stated that he was going to donate his copy to his vet.  I am
sure with his back ground and known ferret knowledge(mike's that is).
It will be well received by his vet.

Here's the question, would a vet find it as an insult to receive the
video from just a quote "ferret lover"  I mean I am not a complete idiot
or anything and I would do anything for my monsters and I find out all I
can about them.  But I would in no way consider myself any sort of
"Ferret Guru" as many of you are.

It would be just meant as a helpful tool or guide for information.  I am
concerned that it may be seen as "here's how you should be doing things"
insult.  Yes I would them to be up on the latest techniques.  And it is
not like I don't trust them to do this themselves, but, as I said
previously, any little bit helps.  This would be my way of returning
the favor for all that they do.  And not just for my crew, but for all
animals.

So, do I just pass along the information about it and how they can obtain
the video for their practice, if they feel it can be helpful to them?  Or
would it be ok to get it for them?

I know everyone and every situation is different and no one can know how
someone is going to react someone or something.  I am just looking for an
overall general consensus

Thought or comments welcomed and much appreciated :-)

Take care all
Cuddle your fuzzies and
Have a wonderful day :-)
Brenda and the monsters 5
Fric, Tic, Tac. Toe, DaWeasel, and my ferret angel Frac :-)