From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 19:54:36 -0500
Hi!

Revisiting the "food bowl digger" problem: I recommended the stainless steel
bowls that sit in a wire ring attached to the cage via a wing nut
contraption (available in the bird aisle of bigger pet stores).  Silly me.
I forgot to mention the key ingredient that you must add.  Without this
ingredient, the ferts will gleefully push the bowl out of the ring so as to
spill its entire contents.  Simply clip the bowl to the ring with an
office-type binder clip; y'know the black clip with the two silver "prongs"
that fold up and down.  I have one medium sized clip on the bowl in the
boys' house, and even those brutes have yet to wrest it from its proper
place.

Good luck to all of you battling "food diggers!"

Gina the Monkeywrangler
and the Chimps of Mayhem:  Paleface (Bean), Gunnar the Red (Goose), Daniel
Spikey Tiger (Spike), Harriet (Hawwiet) and Wienerbutt (Weenie)