Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 01:44:24 -0700
I was sending an e-mail to a friend tonight, regarding a get-together I
wanted to have at my house.  I asked her if we could do it at her house,
since she is allergic to my plethora of fuzzies and fuzzy critters.  It
seems so many others I know are too, including my husband, stepson and
brother.  After writing the e-mail, I decided to share an excerpt with my
FML friends since I thought y'all could relate to my feelings.  Here it
is.......

"I wish others weren't allergic to the fuzzies either, but I guess I have
to accept the downside of critter-loving and ownership, if I want to have
the good side too.  So far, my friends aren't as soft, fuzzy, cuddly and
cute as my critters are and they aren't around enough nor are they as
entertaining or funny as my critters are, so I'm not about to trade my
babies in for my friends.  Not only that, unlike my fuzzies, my friends
have the ability to talk back.  While my friends don't bite, I probably
wouldn't let any of them sleep on my bed with me, or under the covers with
me, and I sure as heck wouldn't let them lick me.  And if they tried to lay
on my head in the middle of the night, I'd probably call the police!  ;o)
There's just something about 'critters'!"

"So, they try to lay on my head.........but most of them aren't big enough
to smother me.  What's a mouthful, noseful, or eyesful of hair once in
awhile in exchange for friends who love me so much and so unconditionally
that they will wash my feet.........with their tongues, and stuff their
heads into my smelly shoes and go to sleep like that, with smiles on their
furry little faces, because the aroma of my feet is like perfume to them?"

"Ah, what a life.  To be loved like this is better than living in a palace
on streets paved in gold.  Although, I could really benefit from having
some of those servants from the palace assigned to litter box duty, laundry
and dishwashing."