From:
Jill Janssen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 22:10:18 -0500
Dear Fellow Ferret Lovers,
We apologize if this is a repeat question, but we are in desperate need of
some help from someone out there.  We are the proud parents of 4 ferrets,
Poopsie, Sebastian, thumber, and Munchkin.  Poopsie, our 2 and a half year
old silver mitt, has been relatively healthy until now.  (by the way, they
are all Marshall farms ferrets.) Within the last week and a half, her vulva
has become quite enlarges and the entire area looks somewhat swollen and
sore.  She has no signs of hair loss at this time.  She is eating and
drinking normally and has been her usual "Princess Poosiek" self, but we are
concerned about the enlargement.  We know that this can be a sign of an
adrenal tumor so we took her to our vet in the Madison, WI area and were
told to give it about a month and then we could determine if surgery was
needed.  After reading the latest mailings, we are worried to let it go that
long and are looking for some advice on what to do!!

does anyone know if this is a sure sign of the problem and how we should
procede?  we've been hearing about a product called lysodren that may help
in the treatment of this problem.  We are also looking for a vet well versed
in ferret medicine and surgery, if that is needed.  We are going to contact
a few vets and the University here to find out some of these questions on
our end.  Please email us directly if you can help our beloved Poopsie.  She
is our first and our most delicate.  We would appreciate your help and
advice greatly.

sincerely,
JIll and Jeff and the crew

Jill Janssen