From:
Karen Daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 05:42:22 -0700
>just received a mailing from an animal rights group and in it there was a
>copy of a Marshall Farms ad placed in a magazine called "Lab Animal" The
>ad consisted of MF asking labs to consider ferrets as "an affordable
>alternative".

THIS IS DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!  Normally lurking in the background about MF,
this is one thing that, in my opinion, is untolerable!  (Is this a word?).
MF is not in the least "animal oriented", other then the fact that it puts
$'s in their pockets.

Jennifer, upset MF supporters?  Well, if so, then it's TOO SAD.  Because if
MF does condone this practice, then they are pitiful!  I have belonged and
supported animal groups that FIGHT against animals being used in
experiments.  I eventually put it on the backburner because it was too
upsetting for me....Whatever the arguements are supporting animals being
used in experiments I have heard, been there, done that.  It still does not
change my opinion.  I cannot see taking ANY LIVING THING and subjecting it
to constant pain, agony or a life in lab.  We are blessed with God's gift to
love these critters.  They have done nothing to deserve this life of h&**!

Karen