From:
"Meg Carpenter, Chaotic Ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 00:25:23 -0500
Well, 'tis the season to be jolly and all that and and if "ferret math" sets
in and you want to expand your love to include one more.........shelters are
full and have plenty of ferrets who need love and will give love.  So, give
yourself another ferret!  :-)

Although often ferrets are turned over when they are older or ill, and these
special cases need special people too, not all are old - many are young fine
animals with years ahead of pet-love.

I don't know if this is the format - or if o.k.  with Bill - but shelters
might want to list the ferrets they have available for adoption.

Presently, for anyone in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, there is a
healthy one year old sable MF gib available for adoption.  Any interested,
please e-mail me.

This little boy's only problem is that he has had no one to love him for a
while.  He has been living in a cage too small for him to move about and
with no one to tend to emptying the litter box or providing him with
anything necessary - like attention, or time out to play or much else.  His
life has been pretty bleak.  All he wants for Christmas is a new mom and/or
dad to love and who will love him.  Since there is no record of distemper
vaccinations - his shots will be brought current.

Cheers, Meg

[Moderator's note: I do think it's appropriate to let the FML know about
ferrets for adoption which have special needs and consequently might be hard
to place, or of situations needing attention (e.g Help!  My shelter is
overflowing, or rescue in progress etc.).  Notes from individuals needing
to give up their ferrets are likewise more than welcome.  Even a shelter
posting something like "we have 29 ferrets for adoption...," is fine.  But
a detailed list of every ferret available would be prohibitibly long and
positively boring to most of us, I think.  BIG]