From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 04:02:08 EST
<sigh> Gonna be a long month.

Anyone know where I can get a 1gallon feeding syringe?  Well, what else do
you do when you have 7 "sick" fuzzies?  Okay, so it's actually one sick
fuzzy and 6 hypocondriacs.

My big boy Hershey has been under the weather.  Loss of appetite, diarreah,
and oh yeah, the chin rubbing.  Now, the kids have on occasion done that to
wipe food & crumbs from their chin.  Not very often.  After reading the
post that said it may indicate ulcers or an upset tummy, I filed it in the
memory banks.  Well, thank you to whomever posted that.  Food and water
were always out, I never paid attention to how much each ate.

I noticed that Hershey began to do it after every piece of kibble or drink
of water.  That lead me to notice that he would stop eating and go back to
laying down.  Time to start the duck soup.  Believing it could be an upset
stomache, I prepared the pepto.  Funny, I read that ferts don't like it.  I
was prepared for a bit of a struggle.  Actually, he took it down quite
well.  Then, as I said "Now that wasn't so bad, was it", he looked at me
and reinacted a scene from the Excorcist.  Yeppers, projectile pepto vomit
all over my shirt.  I swear he smiled as he burped.

Well, today was a trip to the vet.  Hershey is now on amoxy and carafate
(yummy?  blecchhhh!!!).  Nothing parasitic was found in the stool, nothing
to indicate a blockage.  I laughed when she asked of environmental changes -
things around the house.  Told her about the screaming kids.  Possible
stress and nervous stomache?  Oh, yeah - BIG TIME !!!!

The vet had done work for the shelter I adopted Hershey, Simon, and Lacy
from.  She had treated them before.  It was a trip being able to show her
the photographs of the kid.  Especially Lacy.  The last she recalled having
seen Lacy was during the adrenal surgery.  She really seemed surprised of
all the fur that grew back.

Well, since the others see the "special treatment" Hershey gets, they all
line up for their feeding of duck soup.  Even the blasted cat <uuumpf -
down Kimo, you're too heavy for my lap>.  Hmmm - wonder if I have time to
get to the store and buy a turkey baster ?

KEVIN B and the WAY KEWL CRITTER CREW
formerly known as the  ~~SILLY~SLI~NKY~SEVEN~~
~Furrice~Simon~Hershey (uuuuurrrrp)~Lacy~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~
SPECIAL GUEST STAR  ~Fur-Angel Lady~
CAST INCLUDES  fert ~Petey~ /  Min-Pins Jada and Geordi /  a nameless degu
SOUND EFFECTS provided by Kevin S and Tamara.
Part of the screaming sirens played well by December and James