From:
Stacey Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:50:35 -0500
I am Stacey, with Kansas City Ferret Hotline East (with Bobbi McCanse) -
I have a situation that is CLEARLY getting out of control, and would
like to ask for everyones help. I have had 7 rescue/surrenders in the
past 5 days. 4 of them were on "deaths door" - emaciated, dehydrated,
grinding their teeth, etc. The other three were heading down that way.
After some research, I have found that ALL of these poor kids were
being fed this crap food!

Kaytee Fiesta Gourmet food helps ferrets thrive! Packed with a
fortified mix of vegetables, high fiber hay, healthful whole grains,
and fruit, Fiesta contains essential nutrients for healthy ferrets.
Balanced Omega-3 and Omega-6 Polyunsaturated fatty acids aid in
development of shiny coats. Powerful antioxidants boost immune systems
to fight disease. Loaded with essential fiber, Fiesta balances fun food
and powerful nutrition.

(Above taken from the Petco web site) Most of the previous owners told
me that it is the only "ferret" diet that walmart sells (I will have
to check this out myself) and it says "premium ferret food", so they
thought they were doing a good thing. I have been up syringe feeding
soup and tummy meds every 2 hours for 5 days now, and I am beginning
to get upset! (or just VERY VERY TIRED... ugh)

What can we do to get this stuff off the shelves?? One of my
volunteers, suggested a very serious letter writing campaign.. I plan
on sending some kind of information to the actual stores that carry
it. Any ideas or suggestions would be so appreciated!

--
Stacey Lamb, Kansas City Ferret Hotline East, Lee's Summit, Missouri