From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 12:11:52 -0400
You were very lucky.  Have been quietly (and not precisely) following this
topic since before the FML began.  I know of fewer than a handful which
have reached that range; some could be aged from kithood but your's is the
only one I know of aged from the exact day, therefore, your sweetheart may
possibly be the oldest I've heard about.  Can't be sure since there's no
way to compare -- apples and oranges.  Have NEVER found an actual strain
of ferrets with most individuals having longer than normal lives, and am
asking again in case anyone can inform me of any that can be verified.  The
one which made that claim once many years ago didn't pan out on checking.
It seems there are just random individuals who do live very, very long --
like people who go over 110 or so.