Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 10:19:47 -0400
Hello All:

Last week I posted about how ferret math had hit Wyrdhaven once again with
the addition of a 4-week old baby.  This is the update.

The baby is now rougly 6 weeks old and is doing very well, though we
discovered very early that she's deaf as a stone.  We'd heard this was not
uncommon amongst white-headed ferrets.  Otherwise her coloring is really
beginning to come in, with black & white kneecaps and two dark stripes of
black running up her neck over her ears.  Her head is still downy white.

The other ferrets all have mixed feelings.  Taz, the crazy one, wants to
attack her but was doing much better last night as we rewarded good behavior
with Puffins.  Minx and Puck (who look like they could be her parents)
aren't 100% sure but tentatively want to take care of her.  Rosie, Scamp,
and Ranger don't care, while Newone is too old to bother with such
things--she gave baby a once-over sniff and has ignored her ever since.

And her name, we've decided, is "Mica".

Steven and Colleen
Continually Matching Wits with Newone, Minx, Puck, Taz, Scamp, Ranger,
                               Rosie, and Mica
Waiting on the Other Side:  Missy, Ripple, Slinky, and Zebulon Pike

| Steven Woodcock                                  _____C .._.             |
| Senior Software Engineer, Gameware & AI     ____/     \___/              |
| Lockheed Martin Real3D & Wyrd Wyrks        <____/\_---\_\    "Ferretman" |
| Phone:  719-597-5413 (Real3D), 719-392-2975 (Wyrd Wyrks)                 |
| E-mail: [log in to unmask] (Real3D), [log in to unmask] (Wyrd Wyrks)|
| Web:    http://www.concentric.net/~swoodcoc/ai.html      (Game AI)       |
|  My opinions are NO reflection of the opinions of Real3D--get *serious*  |