From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:55:00 -0700
People, people, people, Matan is young and has the enthusiasm and idealism
of youth.  He wishes to be a ferret raiser, a breeder as it were, and to
supply the needs (or desires) of a market.  What is that line we are
always telling our kids?  We Learn by Doing!

No amount of ranting on our parts is going to change this young mans
thinking.  Ferret breeders suffer a few losses, and while every one of us
may wish Matan would suddenly develop the aspiration to be a rock musician
instead, none of us is in control of his life.  He has a jill who has
successfully raised one litter, and while she may die sooner from
overbreeding than she would if she is spayed, it is not our decision to
make.

We do not control each other, how many ferrets any person should have vs.
how many they actually have, which vets they go to, what food is fed.  Not
even if they have ferrets in states or places where they are illegal.  I
believe we all (myself included) feel because he is a minor we have the
right to tell Matan what he should do.  Not so, he has parents to do this
and he is marching toward the day when he will be making his own decisions.

I, personally, find it exciting that we may be witnessing the beginning of
a new ferret venture in Israel.  Who knows where this will lead.  And now
Matan wishes to become involved in publishing.

Matan, Kim Shilling - TALK TO EACH OTHER!  Actually, Matan, Kim has a
truly wonderful book out, through a publisher that perhaps does, or can,
translate to hebrew, or that you can do the translation for.

Phew, that was hard!  Boy, it's sure a lot easier to write about Kouri
going fishing, or cooking, or launching cats through the air!

Georgia - the left coast one...