From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 13:44:33 -0600
>Can someone give instruction on how to clean a ferret's ears?  My ferret
>won't hold still long enough for me to clean his ears.  I have tried
>scuffling her, and it doesn't phase her a bit.  I have tried putting
>Feravite on her tummy, still doesn't work.  She licks it off faster than
>i can try to get started!  Now what?

I use Shepherd & Green's Ferret Ear Wash.  It (and I think I've seen some
other brands that also do) has a long, narrow cone-shaped applicator for
an opening.  I hold my ferrets in my lap with their head sideways, then
drop a few drops into their ear.  Then just gently massage their ear
around.  When I'm done, they sling any excess out & look up for a treat!
That is actually the way the directions say to do it, and it is much
easier & quicker that trying to manage the q-tip thing.  And I've never
had problems with it not getting their ears clean.

Re: cornstarch peanuts
> (I've eaten a couple myself just to be sure they actually DO melt and
>they're not *quite* as tasty as eating kindergarden paste, but they're
>not bad!  *grin*)

LOL!  Okay, imho, this should've had a depends warning for Wolfy!

Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin