From:
Linda Prowse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:31:57 -0800
Hi all,

Further to Melanie's post yesterday, my ferret, Waddy, is also extremely
itchy like Melanie's Gizmo.  Waddy has been scratching to the extreme for
about two months now.  The vet prescribed "cefta-drops" about a month ago.
I can't remember what type of antibiotic this is, but it's not prednizone.
Waddy took the Cefta-drops for 2 weeks, and we also bathed him in a
medicated shampoo that the vet prescribed.  There is still no improvement
and I'm feeling really sorry for the little guy.

Waddy's skin does not appear dry, however he does have little scabs all
over from scratching.  I hope responses to this post and Melanie's post
can shed some light on this problem.

Thank you so much.
Linda, Scamp, Shreddy & Itchy Waddy

Linda Prowse