From:
Crystal Helton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:25:58 -0500
I got a good story for you.  I have recently got a chocolate lab puppy.
He is now 7 months old but when this occurred he was about 10 weeks.  My
Stinky (2 year old sable) really likes Rolo especially when he was small.
When we first got him he was only 6 pounds, but now he's more like 50
pounds.  She loved to run up to him, go flat ferret, and let him lick her
back (shrug).  I yelled at him so he knew that mouthing Stinky wasn't
allowed.  So he found another game.

He would wait until Stinky did the flat ferret and then stick his nose
under her tail (the natural sniffing butt way).  He would then push his
nose up further until her back legs were off the ground, then he would
fling his head back and in the process send Stinky flipping thru the air.
Stinky would then of course go into a wild war dance.  Which would
normally scare Rolo into another room as fast as his legs could carry
him.  Rather funny in it's self because we have hard wood floors and he
normally spun out.  After a while Rolo would come sneaking back in to try
again.

Well, one day he had flipped her about 4 times and she had taken enough.
He came in the room and Stinky came running.  I figured I get to watch
her flip again.  But this time she doesn't go flat ferret, she balls her
head under her shoulders with the top of her head on the floor.  Rolo
decides that this position is good enough and he pushes his nose under
her back legs.  A millisecond later, Rolo lifts his head slowly with
Stinky attached to his lip.  She was locked on enough for him to dangle
her off the floor.  He carefully walks across the bedroom and sets her in
my lap.  She let go and war danced for about 5 whole minutes on the bed
while Rolo watched and sulked.  I wish I had a picture of the look on his
face when she was dangling.  He looked so confused.  It hurt his pride so
much and he knew that he couldn't do anything about it.  He no longer
plays that game with her.  LOL!

Stinky has found Rolo's weakness.  So now whenever she gets tired of him
following her, she jumps up, grabs his lip, pulls him to my feet, then
lets go and looks at me like deal with him.  It's hilarious to watch a 50
pound male dog being dragged along by a 1.5 pound female ferret.  I love
them both sooooo much.  What else could make me laugh everyday!