From:
Daveola Ljung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1992 15:43:03 -0400
|Re: odorous ferret -
|
|I do bathe her, once every two weeks. She dislikes it actively, in fact I
|could swear that she "scents" herself up on purpose again afterwards...

I have found that my ferrets start to get oily and scented whenever they
get anxious or upset - hence possibly ruining the point of a bath.  I
give all of my ferrets showers instead -- they disliked it the first
few times, but they get used to it, and don't even mind at all anymore.
I suppose that is because the fear of drowning or being forced to swim
is dispelled.  Also, I tend to give them a hefty helping of ferretone
when they are done, so they can expect that when I am washing them.

|So - what have others used to bathe their ferrets so as to keep them sweet?

I use "human" shampoo and conditioner.  White Rain conditioner, to be
exact, and my ferrets are always soft and smell-free afterwards (and
manageable and bouncy!!   ;-)  (jeez, almost a commercial...)

Enjoy,
        Sagittarius Excalibur, Maxmillion Fantastic and Dave  (that's me)
                and currently boarding Scooter and Nina..
                I want more!  More!!

David Ljung                   314 N. Broom St. #3A                  oo )
Spawning Cow! Productions     Madison, WI. 53703               moo. |_/\
                              (608) 257-COWS                [log in to unmask]
 -------= I wish this were a .sig so I wouldn't have to type it ;-) =---------