From:
Becky DiRusso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:16:16 EST
I had no idea that there were this many wonderful people out there until
we lost Ally.  I have gotten so many emails and a few e-cards as well and
I just want to express my gratitude for all of your kind words.  I wish I
could respond to you all individually (and to some I did) but I've gotten
such an overwhelming amount of emails...

 ..to the person who sent me the rainbow bridge card--that was so
thoughtful and a wonderful sentiment.

 ..to those of you who encouraged us not to beat ourselves up...this helps
more than you know.  Logically we know that we did everything possible, we
gave her a good life while she was here, but it's still hard to comprehend
sometimes.

I am honored to be in the presence of such wonderful, caring people.
There are truly angels among us here on earth, and lots of them are ferret
enthusiasts. :)

I hope by sharing our experience, it will help someone else's fuzzy out
there.

My partner Heather lost her mom 5 years ago in a tragic car accident.  She
was in the car at the time, as was her dad.  On Sunday she told me that
she did so many "would've-should've-could've" things when her mom died
that she couldnt do it anymore.  She said you'll drive yourself crazy
with that.  We're really trying not to torture ourselves with "what-if's".
We're relying heavily on each other, as well as a lot of our work friends
who know how much we love our babies and the 2 wonderful ferret lists I
belong to, for support.  It has made things easier.

We will be burying Ally on Saturday at Heather's sister's house.  We are
going to have a funeral for her.  Heather's niece is really attached to
the ferrets and this will be a good way for her to have closure too.

Also, thanks to everyone who commented on how the surviving ferrets might
grieve.  I'm so glad we let them all see Ally.  I really didnt want to do
that, but I'm glad I did.  The first night, they moped around the house,
not playing or anything.  Since then, they have been just as crazy and
energetic as before.

Here's another question (for anyone who's still reading after all my
babbling, LOL).  When is an appropriate time to get a new fuzzy?  Can
anyone comment on how they think the ferrets might react?  Should we wait
awhile?  I dont know what to do on that one.

I apologize in advance for anyone who's on the other ferret list I belong
too; I'm cross-posting this verbatim to save myself some time in writing.

We're not sure if our stove works since this has happened.  Last night we
decided it was time to turn the oven on (he hadnt the heart to do so
before).  Everything was fine until Heather decided to turn on the light
inside the oven and then sparks flew out of the top of the stove!  we are
completely freaked now and are afraid to use the stove further, and to
make matters worse, the morning of Ally's death (before it happened) our
microwave decided to stop working (it was old).  So we've been living on
take-out and wondering when things will be back to normal. :(  Any
electricians out there?

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for your support and comfort.  I hope I
can do the same for others out there when the tables are reversed.  Bless
You All!

Becky and Heather, legal in Vermont as of 10/12/01
The "A"-team...Abby, Andre and Annie...missing Ally (1.6.02)
Jack the Cat (I am obsessed with food!)
Mendel and Madison...feeder mice turned pets saved from being a snake's
next meal