Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:51:55 -0400
This came to me today in my email...from the PETA website - ferrets
NEED our HELP!! Jane (and the "Horrible Horde of 9")

In recent years, PETA has had significant success at convincing the few
universities and hospitals around the country that are lagging behind
their more progressive counterparts to modernize their curricula by
replacing intubation training laboratories in which cats and ferrets
have hard plastic tubes repeatedly shoved down their delicate windpipes
with modern simulators that are humane and better prepare medical
professionals to save lives. Even major military facilities like the
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth and the Naval Medical Center San Diego
have made the change after hearing from PETA.

Yet despite pleas from PETA and medical experts, the Madigan Army
Medical Center continues to torment ferrets in this archaic training
even though it stated in 2007 that the practice "will be phased out due
to the development of adequate simulation training models" and the fact
that military regulations actually require that animal laboratories be
replaced with simulators when available.

There is no excuse for Madigan to keep harming ferrets when 21st
century non-animal training methods are already in use at nearly
every other facility in the country.

We need your help. Please click here to send an e-mail to Madigan
officials urging them to keep their 2007 promise by immediately
replacing the cruel use of animals for intubation training with
modern simulators.

Thank you for all that you are doing to help animals!

Sincerely,

Justin Goodman, M.A.
Associate Director
Laboratory Investigations Department
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals