From:
Ginny Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:03:23 -0400
>Subject: Eating soap
>Ok, I know that this is bad, and I do not allow Oscar to do this, but I
>noticed that the little fuzzbutt likes to eat soap! Preferably Bath &
>Body Works Raspberry soaps. Has anyone else experienced these lil poopers
>trying to nibble nibble on bars of soap? Odd, if I do say so myself.

YES!  Both my fuzzbutts LOVE soap.  Any flavor as long as it is soap.  (I
don't know if they would like a detergent bar as well.)  Only mine lick
lick lick lick rather than nibble nibble <G>

Before they were mine I got to babysit them occasionally.  When I was
cleaning their room prior to being mine, I found a bar of pure and gentle
under the bed.  Lick grooves all over the exposed end.

I've been making soap now for about 3 years.  Hi Ela. :)  I think I've only
made three batches since they moved here in Feb.  I've been leary.  So far
they haven't climbed my soap rack.  Its in their room.  But they seem to
have radar for any crumbs that drop.  Or any bar in reach when out of
their room.  I don't know if it is the excess oils or maybe the salt that
attracts them?

gin