From:
Anne Marie Voegeli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:27:04 -0700
>Subject: Runny poops
>Has anyone had any problem with their ferrets getting runny poops from
>eating treats?

YES!!!!  My husband and I are trying to figure out who keeps getting the
runny poops and from what!  We are very wishy-washy when we see their cute
little faces looking up at us just begging for that little extra great
tasting treat!  We're suckers!!!!!!!  We use 8n1 chicken treats and
sometimes Fruit Frenzy, and we run across those poops when we give them too
much.  We have monitored their poops and treats and when we decrease the
treats to only 1 treat per day each, they are fine.  When we indulge them,
it creates runny poops!  The hairball rememdy we use is Laxatone or Ferret
Lax.  We always used Laxatone, and when we couldn't find it one day we
tried Ferret Lax and used that for a few months.  It seemed to have made
their poops a little icky also.  We just switched back to Laxatone which
will hopefully be delivered today from our favorite place "The Ferret
Store" -- and we'll see what happens with their poops then too.  But I
guess what we have learned is just to make sure it is all balanced out and
things should be fine.  Hope this helps!  Did anyone else try anything
else?

Dooks!
Anne Marie (Molly, Olive, Winkie, Gizmo, Nelix and Nikki)