From:
Amy Robbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 13:19:24 -0400
My first two years of ferret ownership I used scoopable litter.  I loved
it.  However I brought home ferret #2 and the story changed.  Not the
typical reasons you hear but a rather entertaining but dangerous one.

Rascal was probably barely six weeks old (yes, BAD, BAD petshop!)  He
looked like a furry sausage with legs (no hump to his back).  Anyway,
the little spitfire cause me to change litters...Here's the scoop:

I put him in his new cage with is fresh new litter box with fresh new
litter.  Being the little devil that he was, he jumped into the litter
box and buried his head into and started tunnelling around.  He pulled
his face out of the litter and his poor little nose was caked with
clumped litter.  Then he sneezed, an open mouthed sneeze head first
into the litter...so now in addition to his nose being caked, he had a
mouthful too.

On a serious note.  I never had a problem with the litter sticking to
any body parts, occassionally feet if they were wet jumping into the box.
With the number of litterboxes I had it became expensive so switching to
wood stove pellets was the best thing I ever did!