Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:40:42 EDT
Hi,

This is only distantly related to ferrets and I do hope it will be
permitted to be posted.........

I am a wildlife rehabber.  I recently got my first baby mink in.  She is
doing just fine.  She is now a little over 4 weeks old and in perfect
health.

My question to those who are rehabbers with mink experience or those who
are mustelid "experts" (Bob C.) is: Do mink imprint on food the way ferrets
do?  If so, when is the rough cutoff time for food introduction?  I want
to make sure she is familiar with all the foods she is likely to eat in
the wild before it is too late (she's already getting fish mixed with her
kitten food and will be getting mealworms, mice, live fish, and live
crayfish soon).

Thank you,

Kim VanderLaan