From:
Tracy & Aaron McAlpine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 21:33:25 -0600
I'm happy to be able to write to y'all considering Bear spilled a Coke
today & it wasn't discovered until much later that some had spilled into
the keyboard.  Whoops!

On the subject of Bear, I thought I would share a successful bath-time that
I recently had with Bear.  I was warned by Bear's previous owner that she
hated baths.  He did not lie!  My husband washed her first time in the sink
& she was the worst I had seen.  Then he bathed her in the bath tub & she
reacted like a wind-up bath toy!  I decided last week-end that it was bath
time.  I started running water in the sink & she frantically started
climbing my shirt & went into my hair.  To try calm her, I talked softly to
her, gave her some Linatone, waited for the sink to fill, then put her in
the water rather than letting the water run onto her.  It was the most
successful bath yet!  Hope it might help someone who has a bath-time terror!

At Shadow's last check-up, I remarked to the vet that I understand she is
itchier than normal because she has an adrenal tumor & is extremely itchy
considering her hair is growing back, but if there is something I could do
to let me know.  He suggested a shampoo he sells called Epi-Sooth, an
oatmeal shampoo.  It is natural & safe for ferrets.  She is doing much
better!  The only downfall is that it has to be left on for 5 minutes.  I
could never use it on Bear, but with Shadow I am able to massage her & she
puts up with it!  I am not suggesting you use anything without consulting
your vet, but wanted to let those of you with itchy ferrets know I am having
success with this oatmeal shampoo!

Looking forward to the issue with ads!

Tracy
Pinky & Bear - We tried raisins yesterday - YUM!
Jasmine & Shadow - We were offered, but shriveled fruit is not our idea
of a treat - bring on the banana chips!