From:
Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 08:51:13 -0500
I am working on putting together an informational ferret packet for the
local shelter, vets, pet stores, ect... and would like to include true
accounts of how even the meanest, sickest, and any other challenged ferret
can be rehabilitated.

Please mail these to me via post office as I do not have a printer to print
from my e-mail.  I have a web tv not a computer and have not gotten the
accessories for a printer yet.  I will be willing to send anyone a SASE for
their stories or send back the cost of postage.

     Melinda Wood
     P.O. Box 242
     Warsaw, IN 46581

As I have posted before the local shelter and I am sure surrounding shelters
kill all ferrets that are brought in.  When I talked to the manager of the
local shelter here she said it is because they are NOT domestic and NO
rabies vaccine for them.  I asked her about the new compendium and she said
they were not going to start following it until July 1st.  She did not make
much sense since she must have know about the compendium in order to tell me
it would be observed in July then turn around and say there is no rabies
vaccine and they are not domestic.  If she had even read the compendium she
would know Imrab3 is for ferrets and they are domestic.  The vets I have
talked to that said oh yes we know about ferrets have proven otherwise.  I
have a lot of educating to do in my town and want to cover all the basses.
I then plan to spread the info on to other areas in my state.

The reason I want all of your stories is so if and when the shelter starts
accepting ferrets I want to prove to them it is unnecessary to kill any
ferret.  I am afraid if they were to get one with a health problem, elderly,
biting problem, ect.... they would put it to sleep.

A printer is definately on my list because there have been some really good
FML posts I would like to have printed.

Thank you for your time.
Melinda