Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 06:21:36 -0600
A car is not the only mode of transportation.  I live in an area where
there is bus transportation.

When I got my first ferret, years ago, one of my criteria was could the pet
I wanted be put in a carrier on the bike rack on the back of my bike to go
to the vet.

On a Sunday in the first winter I had him, I woke up to find him sneezing
and coughing.  I wrapped the small carrier, insulated it very well.  I got
on my bike and rode 5 miles one way to the vet at PetsMart.  There was no
Sunday bus service.  (There is bus transportation 7 days a week now.)

Thanks to a very wonderful family in FFZ, I got a car a year later.