From:
Thomas D Tessier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 21:44:50 -0600
To all,

I have enjoyed reading but now find it necessary to post.

One of my two ferrets jumped off the bed and started crying.  He would
not put weight on one of his front legs.  We took him to an emergency
vet, who had experience with Ferrets.  They x-rayed his front leg and
determined that it was dislocated as the elbow.  You can clearly see it.
Several phone calls to other Vets in the area (this was of course after
hours) and no one had seen this issue or how to resolve it.  Yes putting
it back in place is an option, but we are not sure if it would hold.  We
are waiting till morning to see if we can find a Vet who has seen this
problem - the Emergency Vet recommended CSU in Ft.  Collins we live just
outside of Boulder so not to long of a drive.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue.  The EVet said that in
there calling around no one had seen this issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone that replies,
TomT...

--
: t2design                                                             :