From:
Patty Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 23:14:02 -0400
... I wanted to post a very important message.  We leave our two ferrets out
of the cage in the day time while at work and they have the run of the
bedroom.  We came home the other day and I noticed a lamp had been knocked
off the dresser (lampshade off).  When the lamp fell - it fell on the switch
and this turned the lamp on - it landed on the rug and had started to smoke.
Please let your readers be aware to never leave a lamp plugged in within the
ferrets reach - of course the lamp was off but it when it fell to the floor
it landed on the switch and we could have lost our home.