From:
D&J Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 07:47:37 -0800
My Sammy likes to chew on their bedding, I keep switching kinds, was
first using (as their blankets in their hammocks) fleece squares, real
warm and the others loved them, so did Sam, he just thought they would
be good to EAT!!  I switched to using the hand towels, like you use in
the kitchen for your hands, he was doing better at not chewing on them.
Then I caught him this morning after putting them back into their cage,
chewing on his new bed that I just got from Rose.  It was the one cube
like bed with the small hole to get in and hangs like their hammocks, it
has the seams inside and that is what he was chewing on!!

What can I do to stop this???  I am worried that he will get a blockage
from chewing on this, who knows how much he is swallowing, plus I don't
want him to put holes in their new beds!  I do give them ferret lax every
day, he is also shedding BAD right now, brush him each time I get them
out, 3 times a day, and get a brush full each time, so I give the ferret
lax to make sure no blockages of hair since he is always grooming
himself, but have no idea what to do about this bed & blanket eating.

HELP!!!

Julie, Sammy & Nonie & the 3 at the bridge