From:
Adrienne C Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 21:38:00 -0800
We have found that, as long as the monsters know that we are boss, no one
bites.  The only one we've had any trouble with is Faux-Pas, and until he
was neutered just weeks ago he picked on everyone!  We eventually had to
isolate him because the other three had scabs on the backs of their poor
little necks!

We learned the best way to show our "alpha" status from Remi, when she had
kits (of which Faux-Pas is one).  When they were out of control, she would
pick them up by the scruff of the neck, so that is what we do.  Some of our
more squeemish friends think it's gross, but it is more effective than
flipping the nose or yelling (especially with Magnum, who we decided we
should have named "Oblivious").

Adrienne and the loony zoo