Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 19:42:18 -0800
gina wrote:
>My compliments to the FML'r who suggested the "Vulcan death pinch" (a firm
>grasp on the back of a fuzzy's neck) to stop nipping...  By behaving as the
>dominant ferret, you are not being mean or causing pain, but you are very
>clearly communicating a message to the ferret in his/her language!  Bravo!

hi gina, paleface, and fellow munchkin lovers.

thank you, gina, for your super post.

i have two teenage (for lack of a better term) ferrets and two babies, and
you just helped me figure out why the older ones grab the babies by the neck
and try to drag them under the couch.  i couldn't figure it out...the teens
are lovable and cuddly and harmless, until they get a hold of the babies.
but it makes sense now...it's a dominance thing.

i'm surprised i didn't figure it out before, because i also have one male
and three female cats.  talk about a struggle for dominance!  feline femmes
are, without a doubt, the most territorial critters i've ever seen.

by the way, if you all haven't subscribed to "modern ferret" magazine yet,
then do it!  right now!  i'll wait right here until you're done!  you will
love it, i promise.

one more thing...thanks, BIG, for your much-appreciated moderating.  please
try to send us a message or two, every now and then, about you and your
ferrets.  it helps us to remember that you're a real person out there!

linda (human) (sometimes)
sally, alvin, dweezil, sparky (ferrets)
joshua, misty, raven, flossie (felines)