From:
Holly Fleming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2012 01:40:17 -0500
I am sad to report that my precious Clementine passed away on 11/15/12.
I hate saying I ever had a "favorite", but she was extra special to me.
She was the sweetest little girl ever.

She was being treated for adrenal disease and insulinoma and may have
had lymphoma as well, we were not sure. I had only been treating her
for the insulinoma for about a month and she wasn't doing very well.
She was on soup and pred 3x/day. She had little energy left. She had
even been at the vet just a couple days before and her blood sugar was
great. The night before she passed I found her lying at the bottom of
her cage on her back, unable to move much and she kept pushing her head
backwards in an odd way and couldn't right herself. I bawled seeing her
like that. I held her and kept her in bed next to me, barely sleeping
even after taking a sleeping pill. She still took some soup from the
syringe that night and the next morning. I didn't even know if she
would make it to morning. The next day, I took her to the vet where
she said that based on her odd head movement and the fact that she had
gone blind (her good eye's pupil was fixed) that she had a blood clot
somewhere in her brain/spine (or cancer had spread) and nothing could
be done. I made the decision to let her go to the bridge. She was
around 6. I rescued her from Craigslist in Dec 2010 along with
Casanova, Callie, and Coco (her BFF) who have all went to the bridge
already.

So now, I have a 4 year old albino boy Tesla, my last ferret. I got him
about 2 months ago as a pal for Clementine since she was alone after
the others passed. He's about 4 and he will most likely be my last
ferret as I have other pets (dog, cats) with health issues and I simply
can't take on more now.

You might enjoy seeing a little video I made a while ago of
Clementine & her "boyfriend" Coco (passed 5/24):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZktLJPqs_4
I watched it the other night and cried through the whole thing. I
have been sick with a terrible head cold for 3 weeks now and am doing
my best not to cry anymore because it is making it worse.

Anyways, I miss you so much Clementine. I'm so glad I got to keep a
lock of your fur - it still has your scent. I wish I would've got one
of all them, but I never thought of that. Her ashes will be back this
week.

Holly & Tesla
At the Bridge ~ Clementine, Coco, Callie & Casanova