From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2014 08:32:47 -0400
What is wrong w the ferret, Florence? Usually fewer blood donations
suffice.

I ask because I am curious if the ferret is recovering from a marrow
transplant after insecticide exposure or something else, or if there is
some other problem from which recovery is possible. We had one darling
girl not many years back, who lost her battle when an extreme pollen
allergy caused her to develop Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia.

Vets have told me that not having blood from a number of individuals
is best, though obviously in an extreme case that is not possible, so
I also am obviously very interested in how well doing this works out
since I do not know how well researched that rule of thumb is, but
apparently this ferret is still surviving.

This individual might provide several types of info that could help
save other ferrets.