From:
Roger Mcmillian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 03:55:18 -0700
With nine ferrets, you'd think I'd have enough furries in the house to keep
my (a) satisfied and (b) busy.  Right?  Well, I thought so too.  Although
I'd always sort fo joked about having a small dog to ride herd of\ver the
weasels, I's always had a secret passion for shelties, but could never quite
afford one.  That changed yesterday when I got Buddy.  A friend of mine who
breeds shelties had fallen on hard times and needed a home for one of her
'kids'.  After talking it over with my SO we decided to foster this
beautiful (in our eyes, anyway) "mixed heritage" blue merle/tri-color male.
He's two and a half years old and stands about knee-high.  Though never
obedience trained, he knows a handful of commands and walks well on a
lead.Heels instinctively on the right side.  As soon as he's more
comfortable here, I'll contemplate a more formal intro to the ferrets.
Anyone else have experiences with ferrets and small dogs (preferably
shelties).

Roger McMillian

Megabyte (That's a BIG 'ferret', Dad!)
Phoenyx (Yawn)
Heidi (What's this "Ride herd" nonsense, Dad?)
Black Magic (Hey, That ain't no ferret!)
Maggie (Coulda fooled me)
Barkley (Bet he eats a lotta kibble)
John D. (You guys don't know nothin'... that's a Dog!)
Sylke (He's too big for this cage, Dad.)
Lovie (Is he litter trained, yet?)