From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:03:11 -0500
I just want to make a comment, and i know not everyone views things the
way i do, but there is this.

A few years ago, before ferrets, i spent $2000 on a Stearns and Foster
(KING SIZE) bed, since ferrets, and free roam, the box springs have lost
their cover, and some of the stuffing, but...does that bother me, sure i
would have liked to keep it nice looking, but i don't lay on the floor
and look under my bed, so i actually have been thinking of hanging
hammocks under there, as there is already a nesting box for them, beneath
it.  That is where you will find the majority of the ferrets we share our
home with.  My sofa/loveseat long ago went out the door and got recycled
to some friends of my daughters, i took the legs off, the over stuffed
pillow backs got burrowed into, well, i just recycled it and found
something more suitable for our lifestyle, are all sorts of options out
there, it is just how much effort, and willingness to search them out are
we willing to put for the time for.  I have cupboard sleepers, too.  Who
are they putting out, they have just compelled me to get rid of some
unwanted clutter, that i used to think was so important, stuff that i
collected cause i had nothing better to do with my $$ at the time, things
that the retailers led me to believe that i couldn't live without?  The
animal kingdom has made/adjusted to our infringement on their territory,
why is it not possible for us to extend the favors?

Anything that i DON'T want broken, has been placed high on a shelf, that
does not rest on the floor, and availability for ferrets to scale walls
is still ?  ?  ?  unknown?  I have a large air cleaner in my living room,
had a wicker bathroom shelf unit, that was once over my commode?/now
it stands in the diningroom, over the air cleaner, so i have utilized
space ...they still climb that, and dig in my artificial plant that i
placed there...but will ?,i get rid of the ferret, NOT, i will eventually
replace the vine.  please read that last comment correctly, so as not to
be mistake about my statement.  MY home is my safe haven, for myself, my
hooman family, AND my furred family.  The quarters are not roomy, but we
all manage not to constantly trip over one another, here.  The ferrets
have taught me to pick up behind myself, and not step on anything laying
on the floor that may be housing a sleeping ferret.  Have i been
inconvenienced?  BRIEFLY, until i could make other arrangements in the
order of things here.  We humans whine the most, when we are put out/ill/
or inconvenienced.  What i have is called learning to live together, we
all go through it, even when we have children, we have to learn to put
things up HIGH!  I also have cats and dogs.  Cats can destroy furniture
also, just not at a speed as great as ferrets... i had grown up with
animals.  I love them now just as much as i did then, i have learned a
lot more respect for the animal kingdom, we were given dominion over
them, to care for them, not destroy them.  Everything on this planet has
a purpose from the ugliest, to the most desirable.  My 2 cents

regards
donna