From:
"Krystal K. Sewell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 12:21:14 -0500
Just wanted to comment on a few things from todays fml

>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ESTRAL JILLS from MF, Damn Them!
*snip*
>So, you see Megan, and any others who are possessors of Marshall Farms
>ferrets, and I mean only females (they can't f..k up the males similarly,
>thank goodness) judging from our experiences here in the wet and soggy,

Not true, I have a marshall farms male, dots and health guarantee and all,
that can produce sperm.  When he was 1yr.  old he started assaulting my
female ferret, and losing hair, so I took him to Dr. Dutton assuming he had
an adrenal tumor.  Well when Dutton examined him, he found sperm!  He
operated for over an hour looking for the offending bit of testicular tissue
and never found it, so Weehawk is on and off hormones, depending on how he
is behaving toward my other ferrets.

>P.S.  Marshall Farms says they will pay the cost of the second spay,
>providing you can prove the spaying was done on a Marshall Farms ferret,
>and not a counterfeit Marshall Farms ferret.  You see, anybody can tatoo,
>not just MF.

Again, good luck!  I called Marshall Farms after getting the $300.00+ bill
for weehawks attempted fixing, and they said that I had to go through the
petstore where I bought him, and after giving the pet store a copy of the
vet bill, a letter from the vet, a copy of his health guarentee, and of his
purchasing receipt, MF only refunded the store for what it cost the store to
buy weehawk in the first place, so the store told me they could refund me
for him, but not for his vet bill which was over twice what I paid for him.
That is how I got Havoc, ferret number 4.

Vacuums....
>Date:    Fri, 24 Jan 1997 09:25:40 -0500
>From:    Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: ferrets Is crazy
>My fuzzy Loki is terrified of the vacuum cleaner when it's, which I
>assume isn't exactly abnormal, but when it's off she will try to
>intimidate it by hoping around and dooking and jumping on it.

Be glad she will still move around it.  My tiniest girl will back herself up
into a corner on her hind feet, become immobile and drool if I vacuum in
their room!!  I have to make sure that someone else is around who can take
her for a walk if I am going to vacuum cause I can't stand to see her utter
terror at the vacuum noise.  Her ferret friends all think it is a great
thing to attack and play with, so she has seen other ferrets brave the beast
and survive, but she just won't accept it as safe.  Really makes me wonder
about her previous life, she was found wandering in Mass.  before they were
legal there and was turned into the 4 li'l paws ferret shelter when a police
man found her.  Other than the vacuum reaction she is the most vivacious and
personable of all my fuzzbutts.

Well more than enough for now, thanks for being out there! :)
krystal in vermont with weehawk, silk, herman, havoc and abu