From:
Irinia Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 19:43:48 -0700
Woo Hoo!  We did it!  I just saw a news report on KGO channel 7 (ABC), which
is our local San Francisco station.  It was upbeat and positive.  The piece
started with anchor Dan Noyes saying that a lot of people in California
would like a pet ferret, but they're illegal.  He then stated that they may
not be much longer because AB363 passed today.  The film then cut to a woman
with a ferret in a harness.  The ferret was lying on the woman's shoulder
and kissing her ear.  The voiceover stated that there were approximately
400,000 pet ferrets in California.  They then cut to an assemblymember who
had the floor.  And I quote, "They are dirty, rotten, little rats.  This
bill should be killed as well as every ferret we can get our hands on." Then
the voiceover stated that in spite of the assemblymember's opinion, the bill
passed.  The piece ended with the other anchor, Terilyn Joe, saying, "I
wonder what the ferret thought of the assemblymember?"

One more hurdle conquered, one more hurdle closer to legalization!

To Elizabeth, daughter of Bad Bob, heiress to the Church ferret empire,
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GRADUATION !!!!

Irinia