From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 13:29:52 -0500
Hi,

About the catfood...ferrets have wierd tastes, though what they like is
often not good for them.  I have a kid here who will steal cucumbers,
another who loves corn, another who loves wheat bread, and so I have to
watch these kids to be sure they are not out when I am having these things
for dinner ;-) These things are not good for them and since *I* am the boss
around here I decide what is best for them.  The only treats they get are
Ferretone, Hairball medicine, meat babyfoods and such...all very digestible
and with no questionable ingredients.

I am so glad to know you are concerned about this.  (Most people wouldn't
give it a second thought and would let the ferret have all it wanted.) I
would definitely keep the fancy feast out of their reach.

As for the possibility of a deficiency of some sort, **you are already
giving them the best food available**  I believe strongly in Totally Ferret
and feed it here at the shelter.  It has saved lives where other *good*
foods failed.  It is nutritionally balanced and complete, I wouldn't worry
if your kids are on this food.  Your little one probably just has some wierd
taste for the fancy feast, I wouldn't worry, but it certainly is not good
for him/her.

Kisses to the fuzzies.

Email me directly (at [log in to unmask]) if you have any further questions, or
send a SASE (55 cents postage) to Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter 3801 Zion
Hill Loop, Weatherford, TX 76088 and I will send some nutrtional info on
ferrets you may like to read.

Trish