From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:32:08 -0700
I want to thank everyone that emailed me about the dermal hemangiosarcoma
on a previously adopted ferret named Dozer.

His mom, Kayla, found the tumor on his toe.  She immediately took him to
her vet who did surgery on it to remove the tumor.  Dozer was recovering
just fine when the results came back as hemangiosarcoma.  It was also
malignant.

After talking with others and with us, she decided to go to another vet
to have him look at the foot and see if amputating the toe would help his
chances so that the cancer doesn't spread.  The new vet (Dr. Vagnetti)
agreed and he went into surgery today (Monday).  The toe will be sent out
to test for cancer cells in it.  Hopefully the cancer hadn't spread and
this will be the "end of it".

Dozer is only around 2 years old and is full of life and energy.  He has
never been sick and is well taken care of (SPOILED ROTTEN!)

When the results come in I will let everyone know.  Keep your fingers
crossed!

"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter