From:
Ellen Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 14:00:01 -0400
Hi Kristen!

My name is Ellen Byrne, and I live in Germantown.  I saw your post about
being unable to find pine fresh.  Any Safeway store seems to carry it.  I
haven't found it in pet stores or other grocery stores that I've been in.
I do like pine fresh more than the woodchips.  But the woodchips are much
cheaper.  If you don't have many ferrets (and apparently you only have 2
for now), I would recommend the pine fresh.  It is easier to find believe
it or not.

As for Norm's problem:   A male cat who is neutered after he has begun
spraying may still spray.  It may be similar in ferrets that begin to mark
their territory before they are neutered.  It's probably nothing to worry
about.

I think that you may be right.  Norm may be allergic to fleas.   The scab
that you spoke of might be due to Norm's scratching.  Talk to a vet and
see about using benadryl or some other antihistamine.  It may help.
Good luck!

Ellen